|What I'll be doing at work when people try to discuss the game with me.|
While the game ended up being exciting, the outcome sure sucked! My thoughts after letting them marinate for a few hours:
- I want Jim Cornelison to perform the anthem at my office every day before I begin work.
- Bears played an absolute terrible first half. I was amazed that they were not down by more than 14.
- I thought Matt Forte had a hell of a game overall. Some nice runs (averaged 4.1 YPC) and did a good job in the pass game with 10 receptions on 15 targets. 27 touches and 160 total yards is a pretty nice day at the office.
- That being said, I thought the Bears should have run the ball more...only 24 attempts on the day (Forte had 17 of them).
- Why are they paying Chester Taylor all of this money and refusing to give him the ball? 4 touches (3 carries and a rec) for 14 yards. I know he's the backup and all, but he is a nice change of pace guy. Loved his running to convert the first on the 4th down.
- Paging Greg Olsen...
- The Bears WR corps still need an upgrade. That should be priority #2 for Angelo.
- Priority #1 is fixing the OL.
- Aaron Rodgers did not impress me that much today overall. He's played better.
- The Packer run game is still pretty bad.
- At least my vaunted chicken casserole came out ok.
- Todd Collins is still worthless.
Caleb Hanie had a hell of a game. Loved his mobility and thought he did a good job making reads and throws. He ran the hurry up very well, and it would have been a movie-quality comeback to see a third stringer with 8 career attempts come off the bench to take his team to the Super Bowl. I'd like to see him compete for the backup job next year against a veteran QB not named Todd Collins. TC can go bus tables at an IHOP in East St. Louis for all I care.
Whoever called the TO on third down at the end of the game needs to be fired. What a horrible way to break up the flow when your offense is rolling and the clock is already stopped anyways. And to add insult to injury, we then get to see a horsesh!t end around get stuffed for a loss that then leads to the clinching INT. I f*cking know that was not the play Martz was going to run originally. He's dumb, but he isn't that dumb. Or, is he?
PS - I'm real glad the Blackhawks decided to crap the bed to start my sports viewing day as well. I should have taken that as an omen.